30 Tasty Snacks that are 100 calories or LESS
This AWESOME list came from the Beachbody message boards!
Eating healthy doesn’t need to be complicated or boring! Here are 30 easy-to-prepare snacks, each under 100 calories, that will keep your tastebuds happy. These will help keep your calories in check, help you with weight loss, all while keeping it simple!
1. Strawberries and chocolate: Dip 4 or 5 (depending on their size) strawberries into 2 squares or melted dark chocolate.
2. Mini quesadilla: Melt 1 tablespoon of cheddar onto 1 small corn tortilla. Top with shredded cabbage or diced tomato if desired.
3. Chocolate banana: Dip one-half of a banana into 2 squares of melted dark chocolate.
4. Frozen grapes: Freeze 1 cup of grapes and enjoy them as if they’re sorbet.
5. Greek yogurt with honey: Mix one teaspoon of honey into half a cup of plain, nonfat Greek yogurt.
6. Cinnamon apple: Sprinkle an apple with cinnamon for a treat that tastes more decadent than it is.
7. Bitter chocolate: Enjoy 1 large block or 3 small squares of dark chocolate.
8. Hot chocolate: Mix 2 teaspoons of chocolate syrup with 6 ounces of nonfat milk.
9. Almost apple pie: Try 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce with a hint of cinnamon.
10. Jicama: Chop one and a half cups of jicama and add a splash of lemon juice and a pinch of salt for a tangy, refreshing treat.
11. Café Au Lait: Enjoy 8 ounces of skim milk with a shot of espresso.
12. Carrots with hummus: Crunch on 9 or 10 baby carrots with a side of 2 tablespoons of hummus.
13. Nuts: A handful of 25 pistachios, 14 almonds, or 16 peanuts will provide you with the protein
and fat your body needs.
14. Eggs with guacamole: Hard boil an egg and replace the yolk with 2 tablespoons of guacamole for a protein-packed snack.
15. Edamame: Boil or steam one-half cup of unshelled edamame with a pinch of salt for a fiber-rich snack.
16. Mediterranean tomato: Dice one medium tomato and top with 2 tablespoons feta cheese and a pinch of salt.
17. Bell peppers with balsamic vinegar: Drizzle 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar on top of 2 cups of sliced bell peppers.
18. Eggs with spinach: Scramble 3 egg whites with one-half cup of raw spinach and 1 tablespoon of feta cheese.
19. Corn with garlic: Coat one-half of an ear of corn with a 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 minced garlic clove. Grill until tender.
20. Santa Fe black beans: Combine one-quarter cup black beans, one-quarter teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of nonfat Greek yogurt for a hearty snack.
21.Caprese: Top one ounce of mozzarella cheese with half a cup of cherry tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
22. Tuna salad: Mix together 2 ounces of water-packed tuna with 1 tablespoon of fat-free mayonnaise.
23. Sweet potato: Enjoy one small baked sweet potato plain or with a pinch of salt.
24. Popcorn: Munch on 2 cups of all-natural popcorn.
25. Olives: For a salty snack, enjoy 9 kalamata olives.
26. Watermelon twist: Top 1 cup of watermelon with 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta.
27. Peanut butter: Even on its own, peanut butter makes for a protein-rich treat.
28. Cottage cheese and melon: Combine three-quarters of a cup of melon with one-quarter cup of
nonfat cottage cheese for a sweet dessert.
29. Strawberry and spinach salad: For a savory and sweet salad, mix together 1 cup of baby spinach with one-half cup of sliced strawberries. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
30. Shakeology: Mix one-half serving of your favorite flavor of Shakeology with water.
OR try Shakeology Balls – Vanilla or Chocolate!
Have you tried any of these snacks? Which ones do you like? What are your easy and tasty low-calorie snack ideas? Let me know by leaving a comment below.