I have to admit, I was hesitant to try this recipe from the 21 Day Fix Extreme nutrition guide. But it was AMAZING!!! It was very flavorful and the beef was tender!
I think there is a lot of pepper in here, so if you don’t like spicy, back off on that a little.
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 1\2 lbs Raw lean beef stew mean, boneless, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onions chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium organic beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups cubes butternut squash
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat lead parsley
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat
2. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is brown
3. Add onion and bell peppers, cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent
4. Add garlic, cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute
5. Add squash, broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered for 40 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes, cook stirring occasionally for 8-12 minutes or until sauce has thickened and beef is for-tender.
7. Remove bay leaf, serve topped with parsley.