You will LOVE these Chicken Tacos!!!
- 3 chicken breasts shredded*
- 3/4 c onion chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
1 can of diced green chilies
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- taco seasoning** (see below for mix)
- Taco shells – if you’re going to use the oven, get Stand and Stuff shells
- Mexican shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- optional: plain greek yogurt (1/2 cup)
*Time saving tip! I either put a bunch of chicken in the crockpot at the beginning of the week and use it all week long. Or if it’s nice weather, I grill it all!
(MAKE YOUR OWN! So much easier and HEALTHY! This makes one taco seasoning packet amount)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (leave out if you don’t want it “spicy”)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1) preheat oven to 375 F (if you’re going to use the oven! See below #7)
2) Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add in the olive oil and chopped onion. Cook until the onion is translucent.
3) Add in diced tomatoes and green chilies. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
4) Add in shredded chicken, taco seasoning mix and 1/3 cup of water. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. (may need more water, add a little as you go if needed)
5) place taco shells on a baking dish standing up. If you are following the 21 day fix meal plan use 1 green container to fill 2 taco shells.
6) I used 1/4 cup cheese for the two tacos. (or less!)
7) Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and starting
to turn brown. (or if you don’t want to do the oven, just use regular shredded cheese)
8) top with shredded lettuce and plain greek yogurt!
Two tacos is equal to one serving if you are following the 21 day fix meal plan.
Two taco shells, 1 cup of the chicken mixture, 1/4 c cheese, 1/2 c shredded lettuce is ONE serving and equals 1 Red (1.5 red if using plain greek yogurt), 1 Yellow, 1 Green and 1 blue container.