This recipe came from Beachbody
Yield: 10 servings, about 1 cup each
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and deveined, finely chopped
- 1 lb. raw ground chicken breast
- 1½ cups dry farro, rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes (or diced tomatoes), no salt added
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 cup shredded jack (or cheddar or Mexican blend) cheese
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
3. Add garlic and jalapenos; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until jalapenos are soft.
4. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Place chicken mixture, farro, beans, corn, tomatoes, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, and coriander in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until liquid has been absorbed, and farro is tender.
6. Remove lid and stir mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add cheese; mix well. Cover until cheese has melted.
7. Top with green onions and cilantro; serve.