Easy, Quick, Simple, Healthy Chicken Quesadillas
This is an awesome meal! It’s quick, easy, healthy, simple, has let me enjoy Mexican food and not feel guilty! It’s helped with my weight loss and keeping the weight off!
-2 frozen chicken breasts – thawed, cooked and cut in bite size pieces. I prefer the chicken grilled when the weather is nice or I use the crockpot and do shredded chicken.
-1 cup frozen corn – this MUST be thawed FIRST! Otherwise it makes the quesadilla very watery/runny and it will stick to the pan
-1/2 can of black beans
-1/2 red or orange pepper
-1 tomato chopped
-1 cup shredded cheese – use either low fat cheddar or do 1/2 cup of cheddar and a 1/2 cup of mozzarella
-Whole Wheat Tortillas
1. Mix everything in a big bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Get out cookie sheet (cover with aluminum foil for less mess!)
4. Lay out tortilla, fill with chicken mixture. Continue until chicken mixture is gone, or you have enough quesadillas for that meal.
5. Close tortilla and hold shut with a toothpick.
6. Cook for 12 min and then flip them all and cook for another 5-8 min.
7. Top with salsa, low fat sour cream, avocado, lettuce
It tastes MUCH better if you leave some of the chicken mixture in the bowl and keep it in the frig and then make a new one than to warm up an already cooked quesadilla.